[V8Vairs] Front-mid-engine questions

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 6 00:21:59 EDT 2005

Hello Bob:  In Feb 1972 HOT ROD there is an article about a SBC in the front
of an early model.  Probably not that much different from the lates.  I am
looking at the article now, it states plenty of side room but the firewall
needed fabricating.  He had to make the tunnel of course but the rear
appears fairly easy.  One thing of note: the floor of the Corvair is flat
and low and he had trouble fabricating an exhaust system through the car.

Also in Colorado Springs there used to be an early in the club that had a
SBC in the front.  I haven't seen the car or the owners in a few years now
and have no idea where the car is today.  That car appeared to be fairly
easy to build however and they drove it extensively a few years ago.

There have been several lates through the years at the national conventions
with front engines also.  Good luck with the project.

Regards, Steve