[V8Vairs] unsolicited comments ...

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Tue Aug 9 15:26:37 EDT 2005

>     I just saw one in the auto swapper for $3500. In  the magazine picture
it
> looked good. The car is about 12 miles from me in  MI.
>     Ken Hand
***********
I got a pretty nice one 4 sale but  $ up front it isn't cheap  .... about 6
evenings of WD40 and tune up etc and the new owner could be out getting
arrested .... (g) ....  will need a new paint job in a year or 2 or now ...
oops, needs new fan and more shrouding ... list is getting longer ... (g)
....  hmmm ... someone said these things are a perpetual hobby ....

********
I guess I would sell my 0ther, not so nice one ... a scuzzy looker indeed
....  it looks like $800 But  I would need a lot more than that for it ..
engine is low mileage and driver seat has been set back because I'm 6-2 and
need some leg room .... which is not usually a feature of a 100% Crown rig.
It would run in about 6 hours tune up and new fan .... worst thing it needs
badly a new paint job.
*****************
About 10 years ago one of the guys from Iowa had an extremely nice runner
for about $6-7K.
************
About 80% of the v8vairs I have went to look at are incomplete, burnt out,
or in boxes .....  I had one that I personally burnt out, I gave it away 10
years ago, and I think the guy still hasn't got it back together .... (g)

I have played hot rods for about 20 years, and if you have a running car, be
sure to hug it going to and coming home from work.  I like the Mazda R8 ad,
the car hugs back ... (g) ...

I like to compare v8vair pricing to a new ricer .. gee, wonder which one I
could have more fun in, for about 1/3 the price ... repairs are cheaper for
the vair, and guess which one gets more smiles and hand waves/hi signs ???
....how about 1/2 the price of a new Neon ....

just some thoughts
Reargards, ken campbell, iowuh guy

Buyer Beware applies to kit cars .. did I mention I have one of them too ...
uh ... 15 years now, lots of parts on the floor ... heh heh ...