[V8Vairs] Daily Driver V8VAIRS

Ryan Counterman VairKing at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:26:45 EDT 2005

Anybody drive their V8VAIR daily?  Due to a recent explosion of the transmission of my suburban, I have been relying on my '65 Corsa Kelmark to get me back and forth to work every day(120 miles round trip)  Ive been doing this for a month or so, and so far so good.  Been doing little mods to it to try to get the most mpg's out of it, and its getting around 17-18 on the highway at 75 mph or so.  Stepped the jets down and knocked the timing back a bit, Ive got it running good on good ole 87 octane gas.  Just put a 190 degree t-stat in it tonight, hopefully bumping it up from the 160 degree I had in there before will help economy even more, will know in a few days!  All in the sudden the 20 gallon fuel cell isn't big enough!  If only I could get my highway revs from 3000 rpm @ 70 down to 2000 or so I would think mileage would be great...Maybe when I install that 6 speed...Just glad Ive got 3.27s for now.  Happy V8VAIRing!

Ryan Counterman,  Board Member, WMCC
VairKing at hotmail.com
'65 Corsa Coupe V8 Kelmark; '65 Monza Convert 110/4sp
http://webpages.charter.net/vairking/