[V8Vairs] Daily driving a V8 vair

ALLEN KIDD the_kidds at rogers.com
Tue Aug 30 14:28:27 EDT 2005

I haven't driven my vair daily this year but put quite a few runs to work on it.  Even with a rag top this summers been far too hot to enjoy.  As I get older I really miss (and need) the A/C.  Anyway, my front engined fuel injected 350 with a 700R4 overdrive tranny and 2.73 rear end spins just under 2000RPM at 80mph.  I haven't done the exact math but a recent 100mile return trip was done with roughly 5.5 gallons.  We were a little late leaving so bent the speed limits on the way.  Return trip hovered between 75 & 80.  That mileage is as good as I can expect from any vehicle that gets driven as hard as this one does.