[V8Vairs] What's being used for cooling system pipes?

Me Too dailygrind4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 13:53:30 EST 2005

I wouldn't use exhaust tubing unless it's been coated
which costs money - most exhaust tubing is made from
"aluminized" steel or galvanized steel which will both
rust quite easily...just look at most exhaust systems
running around on the street that AREN'T high-quality
aftermarket pieces...and those DO NOT have water
running through them, Just Something to Think About.
Even if you purchased Stainless Steel, unless it's
319, it can STILL rust...besides which 304 & 319
stainless is ridiculously priced anyway.  I have heard
of using Schedule 80 PVC pipe for the main length of
pipe (that runs from front firewall to "new"
mid-firewall) w/ steel or aluminum connections at the
radiator and engine.  I see no reason why Schedule 80
or even Schedule 40 PVC wouldn't work, as it's used in
home applications all the time, and a home Water
Heater can produce water that's a lot hotter than the
temps that a healthy radiator is going to be running
at.
Trent