[V8Vairs] Thought- Cooling Pipes

Sadek, Charles H CIV B-DeptStaff charles.sadek at navy.mil
Mon Dec 5 11:04:43 EST 2005

If I did the math right (C (in) x Pi x 10 (ft) x 12 (in)), the area of every ten feet of 2" pipe is 754 in², so I guess my guess was high.  Remember, it is total length-To and From in your calculations. In any event it is a lot of surface area to provide cooling. I would run the largest pipe I could, 2" or bigger, for the cooling effect.  BTW, in the winter, you might find you have too much cooling. In that case you block off part of the radiator.  I don't have any recollection of anyone stating they had too much cooling in a V8 Corvair.

Chuck S