[V8Vairs] Crown V8 input shaft

VairMech at aol.com VairMech at aol.com
Tue Dec 20 15:20:29 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/20/2005 3:11:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ed_dowds at hotmail.com writes:

Perhaps  the shaft could be welded up and reground by a crankshaft shop. They
do  this all the time on cranks and those take more punishment (I think).
They  would have the facilities to harden the main shaft after welding and
regrinding.

    If you read my response earlier that is exactly  what I did on a
mainshaft. Most crank grinders use a low carbon wire in the  welder, it is NOT heat
treatable. They can grind the weld afterwards and do a  very good job.
    Ken Hand