[V8Vairs] Help on bellhousing Dust Cover Part No.

v8vairs@corvair.org v8vairs@corvair.org
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:04:42 -0700

Project is moving along nicely.  Just got done building the headers last
weekend.  Now I have to make the exhaust pipes and the entire exhaust
system will be ready to take to the coaters for treatment.  I need to
finish building the engine cover/air cleaner assembly, and I'll then be
ready to pull the engine, trans, and rear end back out of the body.  I
haven't had any luck in finding a '65-66 Corsa dash, so it appears that
I'll need to fabricate an entire new dash to house the instruments.  But,
other than that, I'm ready to begin final body work and painting, and once
done to begin final assembly.  It may be running this summer.

It has been a long time in coming; I am more than eage to hear the beast
run.

GnKHOFFMAN
Sent by: v8vairs-admin@corvair.org
02/09/2005 07:04 AM
Please respond to
v8vairs@corvair.org

v8vairs@corvair.org
cc

Subject
Re: [V8Vairs] Help on bellhousing Dust Cover Part No.

D:

Thanks!  I bought an early pickup resto magazine at the store last night,
so
I have the vendors names;  I just needed the information about the year.

How is that project coming?

Gary

In a message dated 2/9/05 5:36:25 AM Pacific Standard Time, DEvans@CSU.ORG

writes:

> I used a '62 pickup bellhousing on a Jeep project years ago.  The '62
> model year was the only one that did use a slave cylinder, all others
had
> conventional drivers side mechanical linkage.  If I remember correctly,
> this is a big, heavy cast iron housing that looks like the bottom half
was
> sawn off.  I believe that the dust cover was however not unique to that
MY
> bellhousing, but was the same as other cast iron bellhousing covers. You

> might try LM truck.  They have reproduction parts for all Chevy pickups
> from '49 to '72.
>

> GnKHOFFMAN
> Sent by: v8vairs-admin@corvair.org
> 02/08/2005 05:50 PM
> Please respond to
> v8vairs@corvair.org

> v8vairs@corvair.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> [V8Vairs] Help on bellhousing Dust Cover Part No.
>

> Guys:
>
> I am looking for a new bellhousing dust cover;  I have been told
> (accurate?
> or not?) that the bellhousing I have is from an early Pickup, as it has
> the
> holes needed to bolt in the slave clutch cylinder.
>
> I need a new rubber dust cover (the old one is crumbling!).  It is
> rectangular in shape, measuring approximately 2.5" x 5.25";  Carquest
> doesn't list a
> part number for early 60's pickups.
>
> Does anyone know a part number (and/or year) I should be asking for?
Does