[V8Vairs] front brakes?

Richard V v8vairs@corvair.org
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:43:54 -0600

Hello everyone,
     I have a question concerning the front brakes on a late model(1965).  I
have a 65 with a caddy 500 and 425 transaxle in the rear of the car.I have put
disk brakes on the rear of the car already and now putting them on the
front.The question is will the front spindles work ok by putting on adapter
plates to mount disks?Are  the bearings on hubs  strong enough ?Are the ball
joints strong enough? I dont know enough about the drum spindles on the
corvair to make a decision.How do must of you fellow v8  people have your
brakes?
        The car isnt going to be road raced. It's more of a 1/4 mile car with
mostly street driving.I plan to in the future rebuild a front end and use the
spindles and rotors off a S10 pickup,but that will take a while and I want to
try to get this thing on the road. Please give me  your thoughts or  advice..

hanks

Richard Vance