[V8Vairs] front brakes?

Al Kidd v8vairs@corvair.org
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:13:08 -0500

I ran Bob Coffins kit on my crown with no ill effects.  Stopped great and
didn't seem to have any problems.  David Clemmens is selling some kind of
kit on ebay at the moment that is cheaper than what Bob had.  Unfortunately
he is not interested in selling just the brackets.

-----Original Message-----
From: v8vairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:v8vairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf
Of Richard V
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:44 PM
To: v8vairs@corvair.org
Subject: [V8Vairs] front brakes?

Hello everyone,
     I have a question concerning the front brakes on a late model(1965).  I
have a 65 with a caddy 500 and 425 transaxle in the rear of the car.I have
put
disk brakes on the rear of the car already and now putting them on the
front.The question is will the front spindles work ok by putting on adapter
plates to mount disks?Are  the bearings on hubs  strong enough ?Are the ball
joints strong enough? I dont know enough about the drum spindles on the
corvair to make a decision.How do must of you fellow v8  people have your
brakes?
        The car isnt going to be road raced. It's more of a 1/4 mile car
with
mostly street driving.I plan to in the future rebuild a front end and use
the
spindles and rotors off a S10 pickup,but that will take a while and I want
try to get this thing on the road. Please give me  your thoughts or
advice..

hanks

Richard Vance