[V8Vairs] Crown Cross Member / Headers?

WytchMedea at wmconnect.com WytchMedea at wmconnect.com
Mon Feb 28 18:32:35 EST 2005

Hello,

I have been watching the posts about the cross member, but was curious about
what type of headers or exhaust system should be used with it.  My first V8
did not have this cross member.  The engine was mounted in the front similar to
the first crowns before Ted Trevor had the cross member available.   Because
of this my headers did not have any restrictions.

On my second V8, the only thing that has been holding me up has been to find
a set of headers that would work within the confines of a suitable engine
cradle/cross member.  All the cars with crown cross members I've seen have the
crown headers, and I have been waiting for about 2 years now for a set to fall
into my lap...but it aint gonna happen.

Block hugger headers are pointless.  I was curious if anyone has successfully
used some type of header or what is a really good header that is both
aesthetic and functional?

I have been noticing that a lot of the midyear ('63 - '82) Corvette headers
look like a better version of a shorty block hugger, but the sprint car headers
look the best.  I would build my own sub-frame to suit the sprint car
headers, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob