[V8Vairs] Ultra Series Corvair Deep Dimple Lifters

David C. Herrin III v8vairs@corvair.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:16:00 -0800

CORRECTION - Our lifters are very unique
excerpt from our Product Bulletin:
Our OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer uses a special cast iron material
for durability, and for full compatibility with the Corvair camshafts
metallurgy. The OD outside diameter of our Hydraulic Lifter is ground to
exacting tolerances, and the base of our Lifter is ground with a radius to
insure the lifter rotates in operation. Our modern version of the GM
Original: 1) Same Height as the GM Originals. 2) Unique "Deep Dimple" - same
Push Rod Pocket Depth as the original GM. 3) Disc Type Metering "Piddle"
Valve - increased upper cylinder - valve train oiling.* 4) Full Adjustment
Range on inner plunger circular groove**. 5) Original type Ball Check Bottom
Valve- for quiet operation of the Corvair engines valve train components. 6)
Made in the USA.

"Chevrolet Part No. 3799644 is recommended for your stock or reworked
engine. This lifter, when pre loaded by turning the adjustment nut in1/8 to
1/4 turn from clatter will operate faultlessly beyond 7,000 rpm." How to Hot
Rod Corvair Engines by Bill Fisher HP Books -1969.

Part # US HT7181 - features a "Deep Dimple" Push Rod Pocket. This OE
Original Equipment design feature - keeps the push rod centered in the body
of the lifter, it will not dis-lodge the retainer, or allow the push rod to
walk out of place.A unique "long stroke" type hydraulic lifter with a full
range of adjustment and the proper upper cylinder - valve train lubrication
is provided.

They are available directly from the source...
not from ...
The complete Product Bulletin is available upon request.
David

Message: 9