[V8Vairs] Thermostat

GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 21:33:02 EDT 2005

Ryan:

I wish my car running so it had a temperature.  Are you running a 180 degree
thermostate?  Or higher?  If you have a 190 degree one, and you are only
getting to 180, you aren't getting any circulation.  From what I have heard, you
have a unique "problem" if your car is running too cold.

Mikie Hawks (since passed away) had a 400, mildly built, and he ran without a
thermostate .... and the car would creep up to 190 degrees on real hot Denver
days, but the rest of the time was in the 165 degree range.  He was using a
used 1980's 3 core radiator.

I bought a new 4 core 1980's Camero radiator for my car; haven't decided
which thermostate to use yet.

Gary Hoffman