[V8Vairs] Renault transaxle type-for a Corvair

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Tue Jun 7 09:47:23 EDT 2005

How much hp are they rated for?

Chuck S

-----Original Message-----
From: nicolcs at aol.com [mailto:nicolcs at aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:26 AM
To: fastvair at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [fastvair] transaxle type-not a Corvair

That's a UM-1 Renault transaxle.  They were used in Renault trucks
(something beginning with "M", Maxim?) in Europe, the Delorean, the Eagle
Premier, and
the Vixen motorhome.  Good box, some of the club racers  in Europe use them
when they cant afford a ZF. Mainshaft is power limited  and aftermarket
shaft
is available if stronger is needed.
Craig Nicol
'87 Vixen motorhome
25mpg, BMW turbodiesel, UM-1 (For sale BTW)

From: tom zimmermann <s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com>
Subject: transaxle  type-not a Corvair

..I just pulled a 5sp transaxle from an 88 Renault  premier today,and took a

couple pix..can anyone tell me more about it?would be  nice for a
mid-engine,with transmission out back..Tom