[V8Vairs] 2" drivetrain setback v8 Corvairs

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Tue Jun 7 22:03:30 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/7/2005 6:33:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
WytchMedea at wmconnect.com writes:

> I have seen the buggies with the severely altered suspensions, but they all
> have CV joints on their axles.  I contacted one of the manufacturers a while
>
> ago and he said that the CV joints could handle radical degree changes but
> the
> universals were probably restricted to maybe about 2 inches...I do not know
> who
> much truth there is in that because I think that he just pretty much knew
> about CV joints.

They can take that and maybe a little more....

contact Darius  on Fastvair...he's got a bud who's done a radical setback
with big car trans..Mustang 9"  IRS  diff.  and Blower belts back up to the
yokes...which are mounted to the subframe...

See if it worked for the guy...

Matt