[V8Vairs] Renault transaxle type-for a Corvair

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Wed Jun 8 07:54:46 EDT 2005

Audi Trans rotates correctly with a mid-engine V8, right?

Anyone know which Audi trans have the "slap shift" or paddle(s) shift?

And, I understand certain later Dodges are in-line FWD (rather than
transverse engine mount).  Some of these have the "slap shift" feature.
What kind of hp will they take?  I want to adapt some auto that I paddle
shift from the steering wheel. I figure my 98 Sebring has the paddle cruise
controls behind the right hand side of the steering wheel. Either use it or
add another set of paddles to the left side and use that for UP and DOWN
shifting.

(If we are going to do this, why not obsess and go all the way?). ;>)

Thanks,

Chuck S
68 cpe with a big hole in the floor, 4 whl disk brakes.