[V8Vairs] Altered Wheel Base Corvairs

WytchMedea at wmconnect.com WytchMedea at wmconnect.com
Wed Jun 8 21:47:49 EDT 2005

Charles,

I have to rearrange my engine cradle because it was set up for a V6.  While I
was rearranging it I thought that I would boost the engine up about two
inches to keep the axles on horizontal line when I lower the arm about two inches.
The only real angle would be the one inch set back.  Some of the cars have an
angle from being lowered but do not have an angle because of the set back.  I
am thinking that it should work in like the same effect...maybe not...but I
did not want to do it if I was going to burn out
u-joints at a quick rate.

Anyway, do you think that the lowered cars have a horse power loss because of
the angle?

Rob