[V8Vairs] re;hyd clutch bleeding

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 16:59:55 EDT 2005

Don,the only way I've solved that problem on my s10's with hyd clutch is to "bench-bleed" the whole system,out of car...for the s10,the hose is only 18" or so,so it's not a problem;;a long run is different..you need to bleed the slave cyl at maximum throw,not as-installed,,that's your reason for 1/2 pedal;;then set the slave mount/rod length so as not to ride the pressure plate.. capturing the rod somehow would prevent it from dropping out as the clutch wears...hhhmmm.. I'll have to compare a 2.8 and Corvair pressure plate,mabe it could be swapped,so it 'could' ride the fingers