[V8Vairs] Parts - Availability

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Wed Mar 2 08:17:14 EST 2005

I have a barely-used converted 66 trans with all of the parts including the
external parts that go with the transmission itself, including the cross
member.  If you add up all the parts, the cost approaches a $1000 depending
on what you pay for a transmission.

I also have the offset shift tube/shaft.

Interestingly, I have asked $500 for the trans and have gotten no takers.
So how much of a demand is out there, I am unsure of.

I also have the frame which I priced at half of Clark's cost; again no
interest.  Now I haven't really tried hard or put the stuff on eBay.  Last
year I mailed all of the lists offering to bring the engine cover and seat
with the embossed vinyl inserts installed with snaps-like new-to the
MidWest, Pittsburgh, or to Carlisle.  Again no offers.  I did sell the new
headers at about half Clark's cost.

How much interest is really out there?

Chuck S
BBRT