[V8Vairs] Performance Workshop

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Wed Mar 2 20:04:22 EST 2005

Well,
Another successful workshop has come and gone. What a great time at Da Funksters place and the weather even co-operated again, although not quite as warm as last time but it was sunny.
Today I stopped by and picked up my photos. I shot eight rolls, mostly of the Doug Roe race car but some of the folks who attended too.
As soon as I get them organized I'll have a CD available.

Next year we all hope Vintage Motorsports moves to the much larger shop which some of us early arrivals got to see. (I was the second one to arrive on Friday. Dan was there before me.)
I agree that a large part of the activity revolves around the cars that show up and that would be impossible at a hotel, although driving a race prepped Corvair with uncorked headers and snorting racing gas through the lobby has a certain appeal!
Next year we need to increase the chow allotment. I managed to get several small pieces of pizza and by the time I went back ALL the food was gone! You would think none of us had eaten in weeks..GGG

Seeing the Roe car up close and personal was a real treat. After spending many years studying the How To Hot Rod Corvairs books and seeing it in the pictures both as the Thomas car and the Roe car I finally got to see and touch it for real. It almost seemed surreal. I can't think of a more deserving person in the Corvair world than Warren LeVeque to have it.

Thanks Gary, Dan & Warren

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet at charter.net