[V8Vairs] V8 Parts

Al Kidd akidd at zeagna.com
Wed Mar 2 22:58:48 EST 2005

I think our posts crossed.  I read yours after I sent mine but we agree.
Even Bubba in Huricane sees the light now that hes restoring a 69.  The
market for hot-rodded corvairs is too small to do profitably.  There are
niche products that will find a home (disk brake kits, Wills Kit etc) but
basically a complete kit is a no-go from the start in my opinion.

Back in the 70's when vairs were everywhere and you could get a driver for
$50 there was a market.  But those days are long gone.  I've built, owned &
abused a crown.  Now doing the same to my frame under V8.  Absolutely no
comparison between the two in my opinion.  I would drive cross country in
the frame under.  Hated driving cross town in the crown.  The crown drew a
bigger crowd at shows but that was the only plus I could find.