[V8Vairs] Crown Parts - Shortsighted ?

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 3 08:25:28 EST 2005

Hello all:  You are correct David that we should support
the vendors (in this case Cal) but I had the understanding
that the CROWN kit is not  _not_ available from Cal.
There are a few parts left like a short number of subframes
but all of the trans components are N/A now.  I think that
in Flagstaff Cal stated he had 3 or 4 kits left and that there
would be no more after that because of lack of input shafts
and main shafts to modify. I thought that is why you were
offering to build the  mainshafts, headers etc if there
was enough interest.

If Cal sells 6 kits a year I would be surprised, that was
the gist of my original post about trying to figure out
what the real interest was these days between the old
CROWN kits and the newer WILLS kits.

As I stated also, the ones that get hurt are folks like
Paul Strohl who has broken his CROWN and now is
looking for parts; parts that Cal no longer is stocking.

Regards, Steve