[V8Vairs] Rack and Pinion

Al Kidd akidd at zeagna.com
Fri Mar 25 08:50:30 EST 2005

I think it was about 3 from stop to stop with quick arms.  I run a small
steering wheel so it was a real bear at slow speeds with sticky tires.  When
I went back to regular steering I used quick arms on a stock setup which was
just under 4.

I couldn't get the bump steer out of the rack so gave up on the idea.
Another motivating factor was loosing about 1 gal out of the gas tank.  At
10mpg I needed all the fuel I could carry.  Not worth the effort in my
opinion unless you will be using a different fuel tank and can spend lots of
time setting it up before its welded in place.