[V8Vairs] Rack and pinion

WytchMedea at wmconnect.com WytchMedea at wmconnect.com
Fri Mar 25 20:09:52 EST 2005

3 is not too bad but 4 or more turns seems like a lot for a manual setup.   I
had a Camaro with a 2 turn Z/28 box and really enjoyed its quick response and
would like to have had the same in the Corvair.   Bump steer was a concern.
Heidts Hot Rod Shop has a good site giving some insight on how a rack's
geometry is set up but I do not know how well a Mustang's rack fits inside a
Corvair.

Matt, I see your car has a Mustang rack on it.  Do you have any problems with
bump steer?  I picked up a seat like yours without the padding on it that I
intend to use when I get my car running.  How tolerable is it to ride around
on?

Rob