[V8Vairs] Kelmark Conversion

Don Stephens don.losthorseranch at direcway.com
Wed May 11 09:15:18 EDT 2005

Hello All:

Finally made the plunge and bought a Kelmark conversion from a gent in
Washington. After an interesting drive back to Montana, I have the car
in my shop and am starting to check it out. A couple of questions pop out...

1. What is the hot setup to get the shifter to feel like a shifter, and
not something to stir soup with?  I noticed the shift rod and cap that
engages the trans shift rod has broken loose from the weld. Are there
any other tricks to tighten this up?

2. I suspect the transaxle needs to be treated with much respect, or
I'll be walking home. Any tips for longevity on this front? The
replicacar guys have been talking about using Audi trans. Has anyone
actually tried this approach?

Thanks;

Don Stephens