[V8Vairs] Response to Kelmark Conversion ?

Steve Semon Steve at centralcomm.net
Thu May 12 08:19:08 EDT 2005

pWith the stock transmission there are two plains of movement, fore and aft, and side to side. I ran the stock shifter to the rear of the access panel, and then used two of the marine cables for the movements to get the connections to the rear of the car.  The fore-aft movement is as tight as a direct connect shifter, but the side-to-side movement is rather loose due to the slopyness of the marine cable.  I am in the process of trying a connection simuliar to my clutch hookup for the side-to-side.  There is one advantage to a sloppy shifter; speed and power shifting are very hard to accomplish, which saves the weak parts...

Steve Semon
ROA 6843
GSCA 1099
Steve at Centralcomm.net