[V8Vairs] Hydraulic Clutch Question

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Tue May 17 22:50:49 EDT 2005

I used a separate clutch master cyl from a jeep. Similar ones were used on
Corvettes, Camaros and S-10 pickups. I mounted it toward the outside from
the stock master. I had to hammer the sheetmetal some to get a big enough
flat spot. I bent a piece of steel to back it up from inside the car and
tied the piece to the brake pedal mount. I lined up the master  with the
side of the clutch pedal and mounted the pushrod to a little plate bolted to
the outside of the pedal arm. I used the same distance from the pivot on the
brake pedal setup to get a similar pedal ratio.
The twin master from the chevy pickup was common on streetrod conversions in
the 60's & 70's. I wouldn't use one now as it precludes the use of a dual
brake master as used in 67-69.
                        Ed