[V8Vairs] Inboard Disk Brakes

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Nov 27 18:05:02 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/27/2005 12:02:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
VairKing at hotmail.com writes:

Has  anybody have inboard disk brakes on their Vair?  Anyone have experience
with this at all?  Ive got some crazy thoughts going through my head
latley...

Ry

The general problem with inboard brakes on a rear engined car,  is the
diameter of the brake disc usually intrudes on the  engine/clutch/bellhousing space.
I am not saying it cannot be done, but that  makes it tough. Of course, with
a Crown-style V8, the end flange of the  transaxle where the Corvair
bellhousing bolts up is no longer critical to  the power-flow. It could be cut away for
Brake disc clearance. -  Seth