[V8Vairs] RE:Searching for a value

Thomas Robert R Civ 76 PMXG/MAEAPF Robert.Thomas at tinker.af.mil
Wed Oct 26 11:00:25 EDT 2005

One thing I know - he doesn't have a gold mine. Non-running project Corvairs
are plentiful so don't get too attached to this one. I think buying a
running V-8 Corvair with decent paint and interior is a whole lot cheaper
than trying to get a non-running barnyard car street worthy. One problem
with these cars is a lot of people hired Mickey Mouse as their design
engineer and Goofy as the fabricator. If the installation looks hokey, it
is, and you'll have to fix it eventually. If you can't drive it, it's not
worth much more than the cost of a non-running parts car, a core engine
(that costs a lot more than a small block Chevy to rebuild), and whatever
parts are good.

If you want a V-8 Corvair, there are more of them sitting around than you'd
think.

Bob Thomas
L98/TH325 in work