[V8Vairs] Coolant Fill (full)

Dewey Thomas decothom at cox.net
Sun Feb 12 21:22:58 EST 2006

I'll just respond to the last message first-if thats' O'kay(grin). Jacking
it up is a great way(Don);however, it may get quite high if the rad is
laying horizontal  in the bottom of the front "trunk"

>I just jacked up the car until the radiator cap was the high point and then
>filled it .  > Don Prusha  327ZF

> On Feb 12, 2006, at 1:36 PM, VairMech at aol.com wrote:
No,Ken-I'm working on putting in a 2.8 V6-Sorry-not trying to be Sm-- A--!
(VBG) Actually it is the complete Fiero drive-train,so it has the "proper"
thermostat housing with fill provisions.

>> coolant in a V-8 Corvair?
>>     Ken Hand
Ryan: see my discussion above with a horiz. rad--It would take a very tall
funnel;then worry about 'leakage' when removing it;otherwise also, a great
method.

Matt and Frank: That pump idea, with bleeders ,is very good and resolves all
my other comments.
Now,I deliberately made the simple question,as to not taint the response
with why I asked. I recently acquired  3.1 and 3800 engines from
"conventional" front drive cars;that along with some recent conversations on
another website,awakened the thought of how- to- fill when putting them in a
Corvair. My thought is to install the Prestone type adapter in the hose at
the highest point.  Now, I'll duck!! Questions?  Dewey