[V8Vairs] cooling

wayback wayback at alltel.net
Tue Jan 10 11:56:17 EST 2006

Jerry,  I sent you two photos.  I hope you got them.

I built a plenum so that ALL the fresh air is coming from the air
intake grill excluding the hot air from the engine area.  Two fans pull
the air in and two fans pull the air thru the radiator and out the
louvers.  I tried running without the louvers with just two one foot
square holes in the deck but the air was actually forced in at that
point.  The louvers pull the air out as air rushes over them.  Proved
this with pieces of yarn taped to the louvers at 60 mph as my scared
wife took photos from our family car.  Got many photos of the rear view
mirror and two of the deck.

This arrangement works well around town but I will admit I have not had
it out on the freeway.

Hope this helps.

Don Prusha  327ZF