[V8Vairs] Such a slave...

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 07:02:42 EDT 2006

  Hi:

  I have a 66 Mid-engine (crown conversion - 327 engine). The first thing I did after buying the car, was to replace the rusty master cylinder with a rebuilt unit from NAPA (Part # 1034404 - bore size 1.125")

  I read in the archives here that the lines to this master cylinder need to be reversed. Currently I have the brake port on the master cylinder hooked up to the brake pedal line and the port marked clutch to the clutch. is this correct?

  I've replaced all the brake wheel cylinders and bled the entire system. The clutch pedal feels very hard and does not travel all the way down to the floor. I could not find a bleed port on the clutch slave cylinder.

  The brakes are working perfectly. The gears shift fine although not smoothly going from third to forth.

  Is there something I need to do to alleviate this problem? Should I replace the slave cylinder with NAPA part number 36124 ?

  Thanks,

  Tony