[V8Vairs] Heim joints..

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jul 31 13:17:43 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/30/2006 10:20:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rusecular at yahoo.com writes:

Hi:

I intend to replace the lower control arms
on my V8 Vair with heim joint strut rods.
The factory arms have  worn bushings.

Tony - How much street driving, (vs. Racing), do you do? The Heim ends  pound
out pretty quickly on a street car. We race on billiard tables compared to
the pothole and speed bump infested roads. The Corvair Underground poured
urethane rods give you a big chunk of stability and a long life. I never
recommend Spherical rod ends on a street car. As for the Crown bracket, If you  are
drag racing on bias-ply slicks, go for it. Otherwise take the bracket and  drill
a new set of holes in about the same location as the stock ones, or maybe
half the way to stock. That location will perform better with the current radial
 tires, adding negative camber during roll/cornering, and keeping the tires
planted. The Crown bracket makes a great skid plate though, protecting the oil
 pan on regular Vairs. Not too much use on your V8 car.-  Seth