[V8Vairs] RE: Jim Acker's suspension

jim.acker at comcast.net jim.acker at comcast.net
Wed Apr 18 15:28:01 EDT 2007

I'm not sure exactly how far back it will be, but it is at least 6".  Take a look at the subframe pictures on my site to get an idea.  The belt pulley hub on the crank is just behind the cross member in my application.

The 930 transaxle "hangs" from a 2" square stock cross member I have between the top spring mounts in the rear.  I use urethane bushings on each end of the rods I use to hang it.  I also have brackets on the transaxle that these and the lower control arms attach to.  The lower control arms use hiem joints.  My site will be updated with photos of this stuff in the next month or so (my car is out getting paint at the moment).

http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter981/content/V8Vair.html