[V8Vairs] Adding weight

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Mon Dec 31 20:45:22 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry" <larry at larryboardman.com>
Subject: [V8Vairs] Adding weight

> I need to add about 500 lbs to the front of my Toronado powered
> Corvair
****************

Hi, re: the toronado conversions::  Now that you have a half ton of weight
in the rear 20%, I would suggest you take a look at the strong points of
that scheme, and enjoy it:: namely, of having a really awesum nose lifting
machine for intimidating the " gangsta tuna " crowd.

Thats what i would do (g).

Adding a 1/4 ton of weight at the extreme front of you car is NOT the same
as if you had a ton of lead bolted under the middle of the car ... you will
have immense polar moment, the car will think it has about a 30 foot
wheelbase ....  and now you won[t be able to do those trick nose lifting
stunts nearly so well ....  oh yeah ... a front spoiler is fine, might help
a lot ...

I would optimize the car as is .. hey, how about some titanium rub strips
under the rear bumper.. air pressure extended, and spring loaded, so  you
throw out about 3 yards of sparks on each side when you lift the nose a
couple inches ....  (g) ...   Would it be uncouth to strap a parachute pak
onto the rear cove ??  Just to keep those little  2 liter "tunas " a bit
insecure ...

just some thoughts, ken campbell, deltawerkes