[V8Vairs] Toronado

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Fri Nov 9 17:11:22 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/9/2007 12:01:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
larry at larryboardman.com writes:

> I'm trying to get a handle on how many Toronado powered V8Vairs are
> out there. I just bought the '67 Torvair from Brian Owen's son in
> Canada.  I am also looking for help with the 425. There is a engine
> vibration at about 2000 rpm that I can't seem to remedy. It idles
> rough but there are no vacuum leaks.  One fellow told me to route the
> vacuum advance to a ported vacuum on the quadrajet.  He pinched the
> line at idle and the engine seemed to smooth out some.  Right now it
> gets vacuum from a port at the rear base of the carb.  I found 2
> vacuum ports but both have vacuum at idle and a ported should not.

Surely there's a couple of Hundred spread across the nation... how many are
driveable?  that's the question..

By all means... plug the VA  hose...  you don't need it... it mainly helps
with economy on highway cruises...

sure sounds like it's way over advanced.....and if it is truly 385
hp......it's weird it has a distributor with a VA  in the 1st place...

Matt