[V8Vairs] Kelmark Shift Handle Wanted

Bruce azcamino at cox.net
Mon Nov 19 10:08:13 EST 2007

Thanks to everyone that has provided help.  I think I now understand what what was included in the original kit, and what is missing in the used Kelmark parts that I bought.  Looks like I have some of the original rods and connectors but am missing the Kelmark shifter handle assembly, and the rod retainer located at the crossmember.  I would be interested in obtaining an original Kelmark shifter handle assembly.  Let me know if you have one that is available.

I will probably improvise a hybrid linkage rod assembly.  I want to see if I can reduce the amount of rod that hangs down below the car, yet I don't want spend money to buy a cable shifter.  I am using a 1965 BW transmission so the big car Saginaw side cover shifter modification is not a possibility.  I have mated the 65 transmission to my 66 differential and test fit the stock length 66-69 input shaft.  I bought one of Clark's strengthened stock length shafts.  I only need to follow the Kelmark instructions to add a second oil seal at the front of the throw out bearing shaft that will mate with the polished seal area on the input shaft.  It is coming to together.
Bruce Tester