[V8Vairs] Wheels

Larry larry at larryboardman.com
Sat Nov 24 13:17:33 EST 2007

>I want to put a nice set of wheels on my Torvair but am having a lot
>of trouble finding anything that will fit because of the extreme
>offset used on the Toronado wheel. I was hoping to find something
>like a Torque Master wheels for all around. Any suggestions?

Also - I am having starter problems. The last time I tried to start,
it made 1 click. No chatter, no spin.  I checked the battery, all
cables and finally removed the starter and took it to an automotive
electric rebuilder.  He could not find anything wrong but he replaced
the solenoid anyway. When it was working, it would seem to struggle
to crank. If the voltage from the dash starter switch to the solenoid
were low, could that be the problem?   What about engine timing? The
wire gauge used is maybe 18 or 20. I'm going to put the starter back in today.

Thanks.

Larry in COLD Connecticut.