[V8Vairs] Starting problems

Larry larry at larryboardman.com
Sat Nov 24 19:09:59 EST 2007

Thanks Matt:
I think what is happening is that the starter needs more amperage
than the battery can supply. I connected 2 batteries in parallel and
it was the best start ever. I could tell both took a heavy hit based
on the amount of recharge that was needed to bring them up to full. I
also found out my garage type battery charger is not working properly
so I was not really recharging. Before the starter seemed to struggle
to get the first turn, now it spins nicely. I am going to check out
the alternator and do a load test on the battery. I may even put in a
second battery with a switch for #1, #2 or both.

Larry