[V8Vairs] Powerglide conversion

paul beck pbeck001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 11:24:26 EST 2008

Hi everyone. I'm new to the list and have a question about using a big car powerglide with the Crown conversion.
  I haven't seen anything that addresses any additional motor/trans. support. Using the powerglide does away (apparently) with the Crown conversion plate that added mid motor support. Also not using that plate removes the mounting point for the rear stabilizing/tie rod. That bracket is easy to replace, but what about any mid support ? Any ideas or suggestions out there?
  My car is a 65 Monza and I'm probably the 5th or 6th owner or worse. Has a Chev.350 bored to 358 that was built and installed by one of the former owners (Damon Smith). I've  got about a year into this project. Included : complete interior; carpet, seats, firewall/engine cover, power windows and complete dash instrumentation. Also differential rebuild (twice) and transmission switch (after 2 rebuilds on the 4 speed.) So far I've only been able to drive the car about a mile so needless to say I'm ready to get it on the road.
  Thanks in advance for any assistance and I'll almost guarentee I'll have more questions.
Paul

Paul