[V8Vairs] questions

J1M1SH at aol.com J1M1SH at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 16:43:44 EST 2008

OK, I picked up a wrecked C5 corvette (pictures on corvaircenter) and am
taking it apart, then I will finish taking apart the rest of my 66 Corsa to
marry the two. I have decided to try using the 4L60 transmission with a truch
bellhousing instead of the powerglide w/ billet adapter. Its about two inches
longer but 4 speed electronic seems worth the trouble over a two speed manually
shifted glide. I am throwing this one out for opinions...Engine cover. What
are  the pros and cons of a insulated metal cover over annd in front of the
engine as  compared to a firewall in front and lexan divider up to the roof. It
doesn't  seem like the latter would pass tech at the dragstrip. Also, anyone
interested  in trading a monza stick shift car dash for a Corsa dash. Since
everything in  the c5 is electronic I have to use all electronic gauges, speedo,
tach, etc. I  think I would like to build them into a 3 hole monza instead of
the 6 hole  corsa.