[V8Vairs] T5/Saginaw,,etc...

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 12:45:47 EST 2008

..yes,Seth,I've emailed Chris over the past few years,he's been VERY helpful with my 'dumb' ??'s and twisted ideas...I'm going to talk more with Rochester Gear about replicating the big-car mainshaft end to press-fit into the Corvair mainshaft...I'm also trying to fit the s10 4x4 front diff carrier in the Corvair,even if I need to put a 'bulge' to accommodate the ring gear,then see what reverse-cut gears will cost...ultimately,I want a transaxle with the diff in the middle,and the secret may lie with the FWD car 5-sp design;picture,if you will,a Corvair engine coupled to a 7" Q/C rear (upside-down),and an aluminum-case 5-sp up "front",same layout as the Corvair..turn it around for a mid-engine,using maybe  NP-3550 truck trans internals..Dexron-lubed units seem to shift nicer...Tom "Y-NOT" Z...//