[V8Vairs] Roller Tipped Rocker Arms - Open Call for Information

David C. Herrin III source at adnc.com
Tue May 6 19:22:46 EDT 2008

Gentlemen,
I am exploring production of a Corvair specific stamped / cast roller tipped rocker arm assembly; a complete kit - bolt on. See Excerpt that follows.

I know many have been experimenting with various other rocker arm assemblies
i.e. SBC Ford 1.6 ratio both rail & non rail from such suppliers as CompCams, Crane, etc.

I would like you to share all the details of your efforts. I lost my old tech notes from several parties in a computer crash last year - so please resend.  Your input on this should help make production actually possible.
I am meeting with major OEMs to discuss all aspects of production.
David

Excerpt) Part # US 845 HP Stamped / Cast Steel Rocker Arm w / "Roller Tip" This modern, improved design "Roller Tip" version features a tool steel (H-11) Roller and Pin, a precision ground (3RA) roller. Stamped / Cast high strength steel rocker arm, specially heat treated, surface hardened, correct oiling feature, offers a true 1.6 ratio - for mildly increased valve lift, and feature a longer & proper width rocker arm stud slot design - for most all high lift camshafts; eliminates bind. Designed to resist rocker arm flex at extreme rpm. Uses the original rocker arms studs, does not require a) poly locks b) stud girdles, or c) special valve covers; no extra expenses involved = a bargain !

Major Benefits - increased horsepower, reduced valve tip - rocker friction, reduced valve guide wear, and considerably less expensive (and available) than GM NOS, or Aluminum / Stainless Steel Roller Rockers - both with substantial extra costs involved.

Ideal for All Applications; Stock and High Performance !