[V8Vairs] Recent purchase of V8Vair

Baxter, Kevin Kevin.Baxter at probation.lacounty.gov
Thu Nov 13 14:52:32 EST 2008

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the information regarding Mikie and his car. Now I remember him telling us that it was indeed loose lug nuts  that caused the wheel to fall off! And you're right, it was the leading rather than trailing edge of the front wheel wells which were modified for tire clearance. I don't recall the front air intake modification, but it sounds much more stylish than my hack-job. I'd like to see a picture and duplicate it on my car if I can.

Got the picture of the subframe modification, thanks. Very clever. While I'm only 5'-9", it still feels a bit cramped in my car (original Corv-8 fiberglass seat set-up) and I have been pondering what, if anything, might be done to gain a bit of leg room. You may have seen Archibald Evan's answer to that problem, which was to extend his foot well a bit.

Again, thanks for your e-mail. I did not know Mikie other than our brief visit during that Palm Springs meet five years ago. Sorry to hear he's no longer with us. He was very enthusiastic about V-8 Vairs, and was very friendly and informative.

Take care,
Kevin