[V8Vairs] Mustang-ll front susp

Jim Acker jim.acker at oracle.com
Sat Apr 11 13:04:01 EDT 2009

I have put a manual mustang rack on my Corvair, which may.   prove easier in the end. You could weld on the plates to mount the.  mustang II cross member to stock Corvair mounting points and put different offset wheels on to make up the 1.5" difference on each side, but you still need to modify you gas tank, build an intermediate shaft w/ u-joints and modify your steering column. You do save the cost of a disc brake kit. The stock mustang II suspension is no better than the Corvair, but there is a ton of after market control arms, etc. for mustang II.

I'm actually looking at putting after market mustang II tubular upper and lower control arms on my Corvair cross member.

Jim Acker | Global Client Advisor
Oracle Key Accounts
206.617.3550 | 425.945.8312 Fax