[V8Vairs] 66 Crown Monza-Fire Photos

Michael Raley mraley at epgins.com
Mon Aug 31 18:59:44 EDT 2009

Here is a link to the before and after pictures of the Crown Monza...The engine is a 3.3 Liter 200 Cubic Inch from a 79 Monte Carlo and had less than 6000 miles on a complete custom build.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v472/mraley/Crown%20Conversion/

If it asks for a password use ...........corvair............

That will get you in.

As I was explaining earlier, we think the fire was caused by a leaking stock fuel pump. I was cruising to a car show and noticed a faint gas smell. I had passed a couple of stations and assumed a truck was dropping off a load of fuel. Since the car was running so well, I made a mental note to check it out when I got the car show.

I had exited off the main highway and was waiting at a traffic light when the engine started flooding or starving.  My thoughts were that the carb had gotten some trash in it and maybe the float was sticking, thus the "fuel smell". I tried to blow it out by revving the engine and "BOOM" .....Something exploded under the engine cover. The lady behind me looked like she had seen a ghost. It was then I realized it was on fire. Smoke started pouring from the engine cover, then my seat belt wouldn't cooperate. Once that issue was solved, I was able to get out of the car and ran. Within 6 or 7 seconds, the car went up in Flames.

I really want to sell the car in one piece and not part it out. There are a lot of good parts left. Several guys think it can be rebuilt, I'll leave that up to you.

Michael Raley
EPG Insurance
817-561-5722 Office
817-301-7983 Cell