[V8Vairs] help with seal...

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at att.net
Sat Mar 21 00:59:41 EDT 2009

Hello Tony:  As Ken Hand suggested, it is a paper gasket.
Just look in Clarks for the transmission/differential gasket.
You need the two surfaces absolutely clean and devoid
of any old gasket material or rough edges.  Use a gasket
sealer on both surfaces before installation and be sure
to tighten the 6 bolts to spec.

Best regards, Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Secular" <rusecular at yahoo.com>
To: <v8vairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 2:50 PM
Subject: [V8Vairs] help with seal...

>   Trying to remedy the oil leak between the transmission
>   and the differential in my 66 Crown V8.
>   What is this seal called?
>   I need help locating this seal in Clark's catalog.
>   Regards,
>   Tony I.
> _______________________________________________
> V8Vairs mailing list
> V8Vairs at corvair.org
> http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/listinfo/v8vairs
> This list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America,

More information about the V8Vairs mailing list