[V8Vairs] mid engine conversion

Jim Acker jim.acker at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 14:03:08 EST 2010

Now we're talking!  Once you buy a well re-built 930, have the machine work
done to flip the 930 ring and pinion for mid-engine application, buy a
Kennedy adaptor plate and a special starter and clutch kit to fit the 930
bell-housing, you are pretty close to this price.  This box also has better
mounting points to adapt it to the Corvair chassis and it has five speeds.

Bottom line:  If you want to do a mid-engine V8 vair, this is the best
option I've seen to balance cost, performance and legroom.

Thanks for posting this Seth.