[V8Vairs] Front Springs

Jim Acker jim.acker at comcast.net
Sun Feb 21 14:50:40 EST 2010

I've redone my front suspension with all tubular control arms, etc. and find
I need a taller set of springs.  I am running stock late model Corvair
convertible springs and would like to add at least two inches to the ride
height.  I've heard that Bob Coffin and others recommend Pinto springs and
that these are made with heavier guage wire.  A slightly stiffer spring than
stock convertible, that is taller and can be cut to length wouldbe ideal.
Can anyone recommend a good spring, including make/model/year of the donor?
Thanks.

Jim Acker