[V8Vairs] OT: Front springs for front engined Corvair front end

Dave Wenzlick dave at rcaz.com
Fri Jan 1 21:45:29 EST 2010

Ed,

I have a 66 Corvair Toronado conversion and records that came with the car indicate it has about 1000 lbs on the front wheels (no radiator up front BTW). It currently has special Clark's Corvair springs made for V8 conversions and it rides a little high and a bit stiff for me but if used at 1500 lbs it might be a good match for your friend's hotrod. I'm looking to get a lighter spring in place. Ask him if he wants to trade springs.  :)

Dave